3.01.2009

some things just never change. i just found this letter:

10-30-77

To #3,

We thought at first a girl, then a boy. Your mom said today you're definitely a girl, well I still bet at boy. I've got to tell you your mother is correct 90% of the time.

You seem calmer than the previous happenings- confident almost. Its hard to believe you are our last. So much happiness in such a short time.

We want everything to be perfect for you- with what and who you have to face you may need some help. We will not treat you as the baby of the family- you should be the best. We've already made all the mistakes with Erin and Tim. just ask them!

You won't believe your mother. How in the hell she puts up with my schedule and bad temper plus runs the house and keeps you kids in line. You have a good example of love in her.

I'm so nervous, hiding my excitement I think. I drove Erin and Tim buggy today with my nervous energy. Your mother wasn't fooled. I can't tell you how much your mother means to me, you will just not believe the love and admiration I have for her.

You are very close tonight- too bad there is no stork. I will see and hold you in the morning. Sleep tight- I can't wait to hear your first cry.

Love, DAD

11 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so sweet. What a wonderful thing to have and treasure.

Cave Momma said...

Such a sweet letter, you are and have a blessed family.

Candice said...

How precious. I write letters like this to my son. I hope one days he treasures them.

klp said...

moon! awwww, so sweet. i can't believe you have/found that...amazing.

kevin, get to writing!!! ; )

Oneofeach said...

That was amazing!!

Jennericgirl said...

I agree, what a wonderful thing to have. How lovely. :)

Aunt Mollie said...

I have watched and enjoyed your blog for quite awhile. Every time or two I feel like leaving a comment, but I haven't. This letter I could not pass up. I grew up with this man and he has never ceased to amaze me. Your Mom and he have such a large capacity to love, as you and brother and sister know. I feel lucky to know GaGA and Moon. Enjoy your children.

Monica @ Writer Chic said...

Wow. What a treasuew.

Dania said...

I just teared up reading that to my husband. What a wonderful thing to have found!

laura said...

That is quite simply dear! You donovans and your deliberate letter writing!: )

thegooddays said...

I'm in tears!