1.22.2011

three. also known as 'what were we thinking'.

in all seriousness, while i am totally and completely enamored with my newest bundle, her presence sure has rocked our previously smooth sailing boat. how could 9 pounds cause so much upheaval in our house?

i'm in the thick of it and i'm trying to keep perspective. my hormones are all over the place, which causes molehills to appear more like mountains. knowing this unfortunately does nothing to dissipate the rollercoaster emotions that result from something silly like being interrupted in the middle of a workout video by a crying child.

everyone tells you to 'rest when the baby rests' which is unfortunately when my other two children are awake since she apparently prefers sleeping during the day. everyone also says 'don't worry about housework or laundry' but then i wonder, who exactly is going to do it if i don't? not to mention that clutter and piles of laundry pretty much give me hives. just seeing them around pushes my stress level up a few notches.

so while i'm not trying to be superwoman, would it be too much to ask to not feel like a big slob who can't get anything done? seriously just now typing this i think i fell asleep after writing that last sentence. i wish i was kidding. that is how tired i am.

so pardon me while i attempt to draw a close to this pity party of one. i'm looking forward to warmer sunnier days when i (hopefully) have a little more of this under my wing and under control. maybe then i'll feel a little more like myself!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

oh mollie. here's hoping the little miss switches up her days & nights soon so you can catch a little bit of a break. sending sunshine & a little piece of sanity your way...

Whitney said...

Oh mollie, I know just how you feel. Having 2 totally rocked my boat and I felt like I was sinking pretty much every day. My youngest is 7 months now and I'm just starting to feel like I'm climbing out of my hole. (not sure if that'll make you feel better or worse). I just kept repeating to myself, "this isn't forever, this isn't forever, this isn't forever."

Jennifer said...

((hugs)) It'll get better. Also, Lily brought up the zoo, I am game whenever it is warm enough to go :)

Courtney said...

Oh momma, I'm so sorry things are so crazy for you, but I'm also (very selfishly) relieved to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. However, I only have two, so I'm pretty sure I'm a complete wimp for feeling overwhelemed 99% of the time. And the baby is also 3 1/2 months old, so I feel like I should have figured this out by now, found my routine and rhythm. But I haven't.

Yep, what was I thinking...

Anonymous said...

I just distinctly remember nearly falling to my knees (not in a praise the Lord way, rather in a help me Lord way) when I found out I was pregnant again. I had a 22mo old and a 7mo old. Now my children are 3 1/2, 2, and a 10 mo's. A very good friend of mine sets me back on track when I tell her about some days. She simply says "it's a season". However simple, that always puts all the chaos, problems, etc in perspective. It flies by in an instant, passes like a season, and soon enough your looking back with tear filled eyes wondering where the time went.

Anonymous said...

I'm another mom of three, but my situation is a little different -- I have a 3yo and 1yo twins. I knew I always wanted three children, and I love the size of our family, but wow... it is no joke. Like someone else said, on my most difficult days, the only thing I could do was remind myself over and over that these days wouldn't last forever. My babies celebrated their 1st birthday last month, and I cannot get over how quickly the past year went. Really. Hang in there momma!