9.06.2005

i love austin. kevin and i always laugh about how many people gush about austin whenever we are in dallas and then proceed to complain about living there (helloooo? move!). i know people have all kinds of reasons for staying put wherever they are... jobs, kids, etc... but we sure wish more of our friends who loved austin wanted to live down here with us : )

i'm so proud of austin today. not only has austin given more cash donations to the red cross than any other city in texas (despite that we are a fraction the size of big cities like houston, dallas, san antonio)... but now the community has turned out so many material donations, the city officials are actually asking people to stop giving. check this out!

1 comment:

The mini ninja said...

Wow Mollie, that's fantastic! I would be proud of my community too. I have a lot of family in Houston. Next time I visit them, I'll give you a buzz!