8.12.2008

its hard for me to believe summer is already winding down! vacations are over (if you can call a 24 hour visit to the beach a vacation), my mom heads back to school in 2 weeks, and lily starts preschool in just 3 weeks.

now the 100 degree weather begs to differ with my theory that summer is about to end, but do you ever feel like you'll blink and it will be christmas already?! when did time start speeding up?

i will admit i'm the teeny tiniest bit heartbroken about lily starting 'school'. on one hand i can't believe my baby is old enough to be away from me twice a week, but on the other hand i think about how much fun she is going to have learning with other kids and how i will be able to balance work and staying at home better and i feel good about it! yet another example of motherhood being a big mixed bag of emotions! :)

not much else to report around here. we are heading to yoga as soon as lily wakes up from her nap in my attempt to motivate my increasingly lazy bum! so if you need a laugh, just think of the most un-flexible person you know trying to disguise their new muffin top while balancing on one leg... sounds about right!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mollie! Just want to say that I'm with you. Joey starts 'preschool' in a couple weeks as well, 2x a week. I'm sad and happy at the same time. I know it'll be great for him but I know I'll miss him. Good luck to you and Lily and have fun with the rest of your summer!