6.03.2010

today we're going to talk about a little thing called truth in advertising. the beginning of every dora episode on nick junior touts that "Dora the Explorer enhances preschoolers problem solving and language abilities".

now really i feel like it might make more sense to use one of the following suggestions:

"Dora the Explorer enhances mom's ability to get laundry folded while her 2 year old is awake."
"Dora the Explorer allows preschoolers the time to forget the giant fit they were just throwing about wanting a specific snack that we do not have in the house"
"Dora the Explorer helps to make sure parents actually get to drink their coffee in the morning uninterrupted."
"Dora the Explorer increases the chance that your preschooler will yell 'vamanos! rapido, mommy!' when you are taking too long to do something."
and my personal favorite
"Dora the Explorer exists to give me peace of mind and the ability to check facebook and post to my blog at 9am"

now how's that for honest advertising?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I just peed my pants I laughed so hard! Thanks :)

Cave Momma said...

I completely agree!

Cindy said...

Ditto, but for us it's the Toy Story movies, 1 and 2. Thank God for our DVD player (and Pixar!).

The Lunoff Adventures said...

Also...teach your 2 1/2 almost 3 year old to say words in Spanish that you need to look up on Navita Mobile Translator to find out what she just said.

Staci said...

love it =)

Ali Foley Shenk said...

sounds about right to me!

Melissa said...

You hit the nail on the head with this post! Exactly how I feel as well! Thanks for the giggles this am!

Elizabeth Phillips said...

Hmm. Funny. Curious George exists so that your child will sit on the potty long enough to poop.

lar1203 said...

love it! so dead on:)