11.12.2010

eve moves at 2mph. its fine unless you're actually trying to GO somewhere and its getting really uncomfortable to carry her everywhere and i'm exhausted. which leads me to this morning...

we were going to the bookstore and lily followed me to the car, got in, eve is still standing on the front porch. i said 'let's go eve!' about 5 times and she just stood there. ignoring me.

mind you, she is fully aware of what i'm asking her to do and she is capable of following directions. she is choosing to ignore me.

so i strap lily in and called out 'bye eve!' waving to her on the porch and started to drive away. i slowly backed down the driveway, pulled up to the front curb, and rolled down the window. she's just standing there saying 'mama?' with her head tilted, very confused and i called out 'are you coming???' and she yelled 'yes yes yes!' and ran down the yard to the car.

of course this whole time lily is concerned & saying 'i hope eve decides to come with us! we can't leave her!' and i'm telling her 'we are NOT leaving her lily, i'm trying to teach her a lesson'

all that because i am too tired to walk back up the driveway to get my child off the porch.

and to top it off- it is TOTALLY something my dad would have done to me, who i pretty much thought was crazy until i became a parent and realized he was a genius.

7 comments:

erin said...

hahahaha. love it and so true.

Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT!!

Melissa said...

I love your stories! Your girls are awesome and you are an amazing parent. You teach me new things all of the time:)

Kessler said...

cracking up over here! love this. love the old school approach. thank you for keeping it real! :)

edmo said...

I spend a good portion of every day saying to my 2 year old, "Okay, then we're going to go without you..." until he decides to come with us. He is SO SLOW. We call him pokey all the time. He works in slow motion, that's for sure, especially with walking - anywhere.

Staci said...

parallel lives, minus the pg belly =) Aidric is always very concerned too..."but mommy, I will MISS juliet if she doesn't come with us."

Elizabeth Phillips said...

I find that Henry is only fast when I'd prefer him to be slow. Please tell me you make her get in the stroller when you are out and about...