4.20.2012

i stood outside on the back porch of our new house today staring up at the stars. they sure are bright out there. i thought they were pretty darn bright at our old house, but i see now that i was wrong.

as excited as i am about this new chapter, i have a twinge -okay maybe more than a twinge- of sadness. y'all know change and i aren't exactly friends! the truth of it is, i have lived in this house longer than any other in my life that i can recall. we moved a lot growing up and 5 years is oddly enough a record.

the girl moving out of this house is so starkly different from the girl who moved in. i was giantly pregnant, managing accounts from home, eager to meet my first baby and still in many ways a newlywed. i move out as a self-employed mom of three beautiful little ladies finding my way as a community member and happily married to my best friend. i never would have dared to hope for the amazing blessings we have experienced while living here. i am so eager to see what this next chapter holds, but nervous that nothing could be as wonderful as these years in our little house on the park.

i'll leave you with this precious iphone shot of my girls at the new pad today.  i can't wait to see them on these steps on christmas morning!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awwww such a sweet post. I know all about change! I have a feeling you will adjust perfectly fine and I can't wait to see pictures of your new home. Your girls are getting so big and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

We did move a lot didn't we? I know what you are going through. I had so many memories of living on Mockingbird and didn't think I would feel the same again. We lived there for 10 years and here we are closing in on 9 in Plano, and life is great! I know you will have years and years of memories at your new house.
love, mom