i'm one lucky mama.
i had my first session for now i lay me down to sleep last night. it was heartbreaking. there was a language barrier between me and the family, which honestly kept me from feeling like i didn't have the right thing to say or the right condolences to give.
it made me want to hug lily tight and keep her in my lap all day. i'm so glad to be able to provide such a personal service to keep that sweet child's image in its family's hearts for a lifetime. i just cannot imagine being in such an impossible position. bless them.
10 comments:
The gift that you were able to give to that family will last them a lifetime. I thank you for giving them the gift of memories of their child.
It's a beautiful gift that you are providing for the families. What a hard thing to see through the camera lens, but what a blessing for them to have that memory on film.
Wow Mollie - I'm just constantly amazed by your courage, love and compassion. I'm sure that family will cherish those photographs forever. My heart goes out to them.
Wow - I had a hard time READING about the organization. You are an inspiration to be able to work with them! Keep up the good work!
God bless you for your kind heart. That must have been a really difficult situation. I am sure you have given this family a wonderful gift they will never forget!
That is such an amazing gift you gave that family. I never heard of the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep organization until I read your blog. I had a very hard time reading about it and viewing some of the pictures. I have tears running down my face as I type this. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that is to see a family in that situation, let alone be in that situation. What a great organization to volunteer for. Your daughter has an amazing role model in you. :) Now I need to go hug my baby girl.
Oh Mollie, what a gift. I will pray for an extra measure of peace for YOUR heart....I'm sure it's draining, but I know you'll be blessed for it.
Wow! I couldn't read the whole website w/o getting teary eyed. What a gift Mollie
That is just unbearably sad to think about those families and those sweet little babies. So sad... babies are supposed to grow and thrive and be adored, not die. :( Thanks for your work with them...
Wow.. you amaze me and I now know why I follow your blog! As I type with tears rolling down my cheeks rocking my 3 month old daughter for a nap I can only hope to give back one day in the capacity you have for this family.
Post a Comment