9.10.2008

my bedroom fan is alive. or so it seems... it is growing some kind of fur, so it must be a mammal of some sort.

seriously. when am i supposed to have time to de-fur my ceiling fans? i feel like life is a constant game of catch up that i am losing, mostly in thanks to my two dogs, my child, and my trying to run a part time business that usually ends up being more like full time.

at about noon today i decided rather than open the front doors and let my dogs run free to anyone who would give them safe harbor and rip my ears off so i didn't hear my baby whining anymore, that i would go to the gym. i locked the dogs in their room. i dropped lily in the gym daycare. i put on a bathing suit. i went outside to the pool.

i was woken up 45 minutes later (slightly sunburned) by a childcare worker coming to tell me that my child needed a diaper change. i wasn't sure if i should be embarrassed that i had essentially dropped my child in their care to take a nap, but i wasn't.

kevin comes home in 4 days and i'm seriously considering hiring a maid for the weekend to keep up my 'super-mom' guise...

5 comments:

Cindy Matejka said...

Oh DO IT! I love mine!!! and hired her right after I went back to work :) I found mind on Craigs List. Good luck honey!

Meg said...

If you don't get all of that fur off you might have another mouth to feed!! :)

Get a maid and don't feel guilty about it. Less stress for you = a more relaxed wife and mom.

I never realized that my Cate and your brother share a b-day. She will be 17. Can you believe it? We are looking at colleges already. I am so not ready for this.

Cousin meg

brie said...

i found that the extended handle swiffer truly makes cleaning the fan blades so easy. it takes no time and people actually think im a great cleaner and pointed out my clean blades!!

Deb said...

Put Lily to work :) Seriously--get a second duster and let her dust the floor---we did that when A was Lily's age and she had a blast.

Then hire the housekeeper too :)

Part-time is a cruel joke--running your own business is never part-time. Especially one where the career is ever evolving and learning.

Then add some other life stuff in there and it is pure misery but you will get through it.

Anonymous said...

I so hear you on this!!!! Do not feel guilty about taking time for you- that is precious. :) And I have someone come once a week - for my sanity and sanitation of the house!I figure if you work you can pay for perks like that! :)
Take care - Meagan