4.21.2010

i had an attitude adjustment this morning. it was part barton springs refreshment and part matthew 6 smack down.

as kevin was leaving this morning i started crying. i'm not totally sure why. just exhausted from days of worry and stress regarding work. feeling as though i sort of missed out on eve's birthday because i was so 'busy' with her party and the million things going on.

i had our babysitter coming this morning so that i could get work done, but missing my work computer means there's really no work to be done until it returns. i didn't want to cancel at the last minute and i reached out to see if a friend could do lunch, but left to my own devices i ended up driving to barton springs.

this will shock no one that really knows me. it has always been a place of peace and quiet for me. i love that darn pool. one jump and you get a serious shock to the system, your heart beats faster, and you just feel completely alive.

i brought my bible and sat down to matthew 6. i needed it.

For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

6 comments:

magdalina said...

Thank you for posting this. I lost my son 11 1/2 weeks ago and tomorrow would have been my due date for him. I have so many different emotions running through me right now and I've been told this passage before, but today it really hits home for me.

mollie said...

oh magdalina, i am so sorry for your loss and humbled that my ramblings could point you in the right direction for a little bit of healing today. much love!

Staci said...

ahhhhh, thank you =)

EB said...

Oh, Mollie. You have no idea how much this has touched me today. My "problems" are nothing compared to Magdalina (you are in my thoughts and prayers...), however, what a fantastic reminder this is to me today. My position at work was eliminated today and, come July, I will be unemployed for the first time in forever. I SOOO needed to hear this verse. Thank you for reminding me that He is in control and I need to surrender everything to Him. This has touched me more than you will ever know and I have a feeling I'll be coming back to reread this verse over and over when I need it. Thank you!

amy said...

One of your best posts! You are the best! Thank you!

E. said...

Wow. I really needed to read that this morning! Thanks so much for posting it!