9.28.2010

lily was so worn out from her weekend in dallas that she was still napping yesterday when she is usually shouting 'mommy, the clock says FOUR!' and excitedly jumping up and down on her bed.

a few minutes later i decided to crawl into bed with her and enjoy a few minutes of cuddles while she finished sleeping. i snuck under her covers and she flopped a tired arm around me and seemingly in her sleep muttered 'i love you mama' and continued to snooze.

my heart was so full and i laid there stroking her soft blonde hair and her cute little cheeks and found myself praying in whisper.

lord thank you for this child. thank you for her beating heart and for her deep breaths. thank you for her wild imagination and her trusting spirit. thank you for this awesome responsibility of being her mom. thank you most of all that she is your child first and foremost and that i have been trusted with her for now.

the longer i lay there looking around her quiet room with the fan ticking away i tried to see her room through her eyes. this is her childhood. this room will be the faintest memory of pink one day.

its just all so amazing and impossible to encapsulate.

she slowly woke up with stretches and blinks and had a sweet smile on her face upon discovering mama in her bed. definitely a moment to cherish.

11 comments:

amy said...

*tearing up at work*
How sweet! What a great moment for the both of you! Just this morning Claire asked me to get in her crib with her...he he! Motherhood is simply amazing isn't it!

KK said...

Aww that is so sweet!

Emily said...

I too started tearing up reading that! What a great moment to share with us all :)

Candice said...

I did a post just like this recently, It was titled "These are the days..." My epiphany came when we were on the swings, Graham kept saying "More, more!" Then he took my hand from around his waist and kissed it. Awww...

We are blessed!

edmo said...

I lay with my 2 year old every chance I get (which is usually just on Sundays) during his nap. I cuddle him, stroke his hair, take a nap myself, clip his fingernails if they are super long, and enjoy his face when he sees me after first waking up. I love those moments.

Elizabeth Phillips said...

You need to revisit this post on the days when she is acting her age...

nicolle said...

I love this post and I, too, have tears. I agree with the previous post that you must revisit on the sour days. I think I am going to do just the same. Thanks for helping me to slow down and think about how lucky I am ..even on the stressful days.

Abby said...

Tearing up here too. What a blessing our children are!

Staci said...

beautiful post! these are things i think and do...and need to write down b/c just like her room will be a blur of pink to her, these moments are going to get harder for us to remember!

Jackie said...

love this mollie.

one of my most favorite times of the day is snuggling cassidy after stories with daddy & before sleep. it's like the twilight of her day. all fond memories & hope for the following day.

molly said...

Sweet moments to remember forever.