6.20.2012

i was first introduced to brene brown when my friend bonnie sent me a link to a fabulous talk she gave at TED and i was intrigued.  i love the way she tells stories, paints a picture, makes you think.

i watched this video on her return to christianity this morning and it definitely made me laugh.  i love her perspective.

http://thenewcreatives.posterous.com/brene-brown-interview-love-is-controversial

what i love most about this is how intelligent she is.  how critical and analytical her nature is as a researcher, but she still sees jesus the way that i do.  as a child.  with faith.

i hope beyond hope beyond a shadow of a doubt that we can be love to people.  that i am love to people.  this year has been harder than i expected so far.  i thought with annie's first year under our belts life would settle, but that was before i knew she was what we affectionately refer to as 'tank'.  aka: no obstacle can get in the way of what i want.  it is hard to feel like you're loving others when you don't have any time or energy to love yourself.

so today this has to be enough.  'may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be pleasing in your sight, Oh Lord, my rock and my redeemer'.  i won't be serving the poor today.  i'm not in haiti.  i'm not at a shelter.  i'm a mom.  and i will have to do my best to love my kids the way i am called to.  and hope for them and pray for them.  and love.  


1 comment:

Alice said...

It's Alice - I LOVE her too - thanks for sharing this - I hadn't seen it before. Adore her TED talks though.