1.21.2010

thankful. i'm incredibly thankful.

thankful to be a person of faith and that the holy spirit has carried me through so many days lately. let's face it, dealing with separation anxiety vs. being buried in a collapsed building in haiti? i have it pretty darn good. yet the holy spirit is with me every moment, carrying me and guiding me and giving me the strength that i need to face the every day challenges that i face being a mother, a wife, a sister, a business owner, a friend, a daughter.

i often feel like i have learned more about my relationship with God through having my children. when they whine and cry for something just beyond their reach, i think 'is that how i sound to God when i am not getting exactly what i want, the moment i want it?' or when they can't fully understand my love for them or my reasons for discipline i think 'they don't quite have the capacity to understand this fully, yet i will persevere... is that how God feels about his love for me and my limited understanding of who He is in fullness?'

and so i plug along, wondering if i am living a fraction of the life that God has planned for me and when and where i will choose to impact more than the small circle of influence that i currently reside comfortably within. i know there is so much more for me to do, yet some days it is all i can do to just make it through the day with my patience and sanity in tact. and in truth, it is God who carries me through.

God is good. i'm thankful for that.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

And YOU are good. And I am thankful for you.

Deb said...

I am currently reading this book called Grace Based Parenting and have been having similar thoughts. It keeps relating how much grace God gives us and we need to extend that grace to our children while setting a good example and boundaries. It really made me start thinking about on those days when the girls are driving me crazy and I am so frustrated that they do not have good listening ears---that God must be sitting up there too thinking "Put on your listening ears and obey" which I have said to my oldest to many times to count....

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post. Very good food for thought for the rest of us.
Thank you :)

GinaChick said...

Thank you for this very REAL post. Eight days into a nasty cold/double ear infection for my little one, and I was at my wits end this morning and totally ready to throw in the mom towel. This is a wonderful, thoughtful reminder of the bigger picture.

Anonymous said...

you so eloquently put in to words exactly what i am feeling but couldn't find words to express. thank you for sharing such sincere and real thoughts - you are a beautiful person!

Neely said...

Beautiful. So well put. Thank you for putting things into perspective. xo

Beira said...

Thank you for being real. It is really amazing how God has such a big plan and we cannot comprehend it "now" but then we can look back and sit in awe of His wonderful work in our lives. I am so thankful for His grace.

And you are a bigger influence than you'll ever know :)