11.13.2011

eve is a wild spirit. everyone that spends time with her at some point comments on how she has her own ideas about things- i like to say she has her own drummer and follows her own beat. (a very very slow beat, but that is another story alltogether).

she reminds me of.... me. i will have to ask my mom if her quirkiness is inherited from that young an age, but dad refers to me as the 'artsy fartsy' one so it comes from somewhere!

being different is something i cherish about all my kids- the things that make them unique are the things that make them who they are. it is so amazing to see each aspect of all 3 of them grow, change, and differentiate them from their peers and sisters. at the same time, as a kid being different can feel scary. at least it did to me. i definitely didn't always embrace the things that made me different.

choosing a unique voice from the pack has felt isolating to me in the past. i am sometimes afraid to say what i think or have a dissenting opinion because it does set you apart. and when you put your value in what others say or think about you, conforming is a pretty big deal. i didn't really want to be different.

lately that is changing for me. being set apart sounds... exciting. for the first time, choosing to do something different seems to be bonding me to people that really matter in my life instead of caring what 'the pack' thinks. i am anxious and excited for the upcoming year. i feel that life is changing and for once, that doesn't seem scary to me anymore. it seems invigorating.

my value isn't in what other people think and life is too short to put much stock in mass appeal :)

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.
- Edward Everett Hale

2 comments:

klp said...

like. :)

Anonymous said...

care to elaborate (pretty please) on the "upcoming year..." i have wild ideas, & i'm excited for you whatever those changes may be! :) love reading about your sweet girls, mollie!