2.25.2013

i was standing in a friend's kitchen today thumbing through a catalog on her counter (because obviously when left in charge of seven, yes SEVEN girls, the first thing you do it chill and browse.) and as i looked up to say something like 'hey you guys all still alive?' i saw her phone on the bar buzzing with a text.

as the screen lit up i saw her phone background was a picture of eve in the hospital with her c-collar on, groggy from anesthesia, with her sweet sweet smile.  if i hadn't been the responsible party in the house i might have completely lost it.  to know my friend wanted a constant reminder of eve to offer up her prayers and good thoughts just moves me beyond words.

so i am totally stealing her tactic.  and i will change my phone background today to someone i want to be praying for.  i love this idea and i feel beyond lucky to have such amazing people in my life.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I just read what happened to Eve. I am so sorry. My daughter fell down the stairs and broke her collarbone and I don't know if I can ever get the sounds of her fall or cries out of my head so I can only imagine the devastation of what you endured. I'll be praying for Eve to get better.