3.06.2009

throughout lent i've committed to limiting my computer 'socializing' time to a maximum of 30 minutes a day. its such a temptation for me when i wake up, when lily is playing independently, when she is napping, or after bedtime to zone out and blog-hop, facebook, chat and before you know it, all of your 'free' time is gone and your house and laundry are neglected.

i can honestly say my house has never been cleaner, my family more organized, or my stress level so low. disorganization is something that typically causes me a LOT of stress- yet i wasn't doing anything to really figure out how to eliminate the issue and get on track.

so far i feel mixed about the results. i enjoy the cleanliness and sense of fulfillment from having my ducks in a row, but at the same time i feel like my life has become about 'things' instead of people. surely there is some kind of happy medium i can find...

3 comments:

Deb said...

When you find that medium--please be sure to share your secrets :)

I agree though--using the internet to socialize is a huge time suck but then scheduling in person time with friends and no kids can be near impossible.

Erin Ivey said...

what a great idea! but if you're not on facebook all the time, how will we ever know your list of 25 things you wish you had time for?

mollie said...

erin, i have to admit that i not only have never filled out that obnoxious 25 list thingy, i've never read a single person's list. even the ones that 'tagged' me in theirs.

oops. ;)