8.21.2011

mimi is the 6th member of our family. she pretty much goes everywhere eve goes. no matter how i try to limit mimi to the bedroom, she makes her way into our day- everyday. when eve falls down the first thing she cries after 'mommy' is 'miiii miiiii!' second only to having her fingers in her mouth, this darn bunny has brought my sweet eve so much comfort in the past two years and for that i am eternally grateful.

i have gone so far as to stalk ebay for mimi backups and paid a ridiculous sum for the security of a spare bunny. hey, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do to keep the peace!

eve handed me her treasured bunny today and asked me 'you take mimi's picshure?' yes eve, i take mimi's picshure.



3 comments:

Meg said...

Oh my goodness! We have the same lovey for our Morgan. I had a "back up" until she discovered it and now insists on sleeping with BOTH of them. They are called "lovey" and "two"! I check eBay occasionally, but have had no luck so far. Luckily they stay in her bed, so unless one of them falls apart we should be ok. I love that Eve calls it Mimi.

the cul-de-sac said...

What a sweet tribute to such an important family member. My oldest has Fuff, who is apparently irreplaceable, as my efforts at finding a back-up via the internet (I even called the manufacturer!) have failed. I must remember to take a good photo of Fuff, for posterity. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

i love this! gaga