4.21.2009

1w

3w

2w

ahhh... sweet genevieve!

lily's response to her baby sister has been somewhat underwhelming. she isn't terribly interested in her, but she still loves reading her 'big sister' book and has started pointing to the baby in the book and calling her 'eve'.

upon their initial meeting she said 'hi baby!' and grabbed her nose and said 'honk! honk!' i consider that a good sign she isn't taking any of this too seriously ;)

so far lily hasn't really noticed i can't pick her up. she has plenty of gaga and moon attention to keep her adequately distracted and plenty entertained! god bless them for all of their help and love. kevin even marveled yesterday 'your mom does so much laundry that i couldn't find the towel i used this morning because she had already gotten it out of our bathroom to wash it!'

all in all life in our house is happy and adjusting a little every day. i feel like i turned a corner today on feeling better and am definitely on the mend and walking slightly faster than your average 80 year old. :)

11 comments:

Jackie said...

Love lily's reaction to meeting baby sister... honk honk! LOL Hope you feel better soon.

Melissa said...

I love Lily's reaction. How cute. I say the same thing when my mom comes to visit. I'm glad you are starting to feel better. You'll feel 100% in no time. The new pics of Eve are so precious.

brit said...

loooooooove that last shot! what a sweet face she has :)

Jess said...

Congrats, Mollie! Eve is just gorgeous. I'm so glad to hear everything is going well, recovery-wise. I'm in the same boat, myself :)

(WishedForSong from MC)

Brook Blog said...

Oh. my. goodness. I LOVE these pictures!! She is sooooo precious!

ellegirl said...

Congrats!!! "Eve" is just precious! Love the photos! I did the quints yesterday! Check out my blog when you have a moment. :-) It was a lot of work (and fun!)

Elle
http://www.ellabellaphotos.com/blog

Emily said...

How sweet! I am really looking forward to all of the pictures you take of your two beautiful girls. Hope you are feeling better!

emily79 from MC.

amy said...

Yea! Glad to hear that things are going well and can't wait to hear more Lily and Eve stories!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that things are 'so far so good'. Hope it keeps getting even better!

Elizabeth Phillips said...

1. It's a good thing we have 1000 miles between us because I would SOOO steal your baby. I'm mean, you've two pink ones, right?
2. I sure hope Kevin doesn't get used to all that clean laundry!

megan said...

so adorable. she looks like you! congrats.
(astheworldturnas from MC)