7.24.2011

so i'm sure you've seen that book making its way around the interwebs... go the F*#% to sleep. right?

well that book pretty much is our day from 7-8:30pm. every. night. 'oh i need socks!' 'i need water!' 'i can't find blankie' and on...and on...

so i instituted a reward chart for lily and she earned a star every night she was quiet and non demanding after bedtime. she didn't have to go right to sleep, but couldn't wake eve up or ask for a million things.

her reward for earning five stars? 'fancy dinner' out with daddy! something she has actually been asking for since she saw him return home from a business trip wearing a suit.

she earned her fifth star this week so tonight was fancy dinner night!! she requested pancakes (her fav) and cake for dessert, so kevin took her to kerbey lane and they had a blast. he said she kept bouncing in her seat saying 'oh my gosh daddy! oh my gosh!! this is the BEST!'

here is a pic of them when heading out the door. she took one look at him and decided he needed a bowtie to be fancier :)


and man do they look alike or WHAT?!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness this is precious. I love the idea, too - might have to steal it. ;) Bedtime has gotten exponentially longer as of late...

Colleen said...

I heard about the book and I said I was going to buy it. It put a smile on my face instantly just reading the title. What a great idea for a reward system. It is too precious seeing them dressed up for their daddy-daughter night out!

notetoself said...

holy buckets that just made me choke up!! :)

Neely said...

I can't even handle the cuteness.

The Cul-de-Sac said...

That is precious! Dates with Daddy are a treat in our house, too. I especially love her choice of Kerbey Lane...yummy pancakes!

edmo said...

This is the sweetest thing ever. The bowtie makes it even that much better. I'm pregnant with a girl (after 2 boys) and I hope she has a similar fondness for any dad time.

Jennifer said...

That is such a great idea and they look adorable!

Kessler said...

This is freakin' cuteness overload! And what a big girl Lily is getting to be... beautiful!

Staci said...

eriosuly, cutest thing ever!!

SB said...

The sticker chart idea is great! And what a great memory for Lily...you have such a sweet little family!!

Lauren said...

That is so precious!

Spanishbeauty08 said...

I think I would die on the spot if my daughter had said something so cute. Ugh, too much to handle.