9.01.2009

i'm so waiving the white flag of surrender as a mom today. cranky kids. crappy milk supply. i had the hopes that taking the kids to the gym would give me a break and someone else could deal with them.. um... i mean cherish them for an hour or two.

twenty minutes into a half-hearted sweat on the elliptical and they politely called me back to the childcare center to collect the two cranksters. i can't say that i blame them. here's hoping there is a full moon coming or perhaps this is all a big practical joke that lily and eve are in on together...

in other news, erin is doing well at home. i like to think of her bed rest as an extended 'fob' rest period from summer camp. every once in a while during rest period if it had been a particularly active or hot day they would require an 'fob' rest period where we had to be Flat On Back (laying down quietly, no talking, no walking around).

she will be at home for the next week and a half, then she'll take residence at the hospital. i'm looking forward to lily learning to play quietly in a hospital room and not pull on any cords or tubes while mommy and e visit :) something tells me not to count on it.

6 comments:

themaggers said...

I've Heard if you slip the workers a twenty they'll keep a crabby kid for at least an hour. Or maybe that was just me
me!

Anonymous said...

The good-ish news is that the full moon is Friday (so it's coming). The even better news is the comforting fact that it's not just me and my kid! Good luck and good health to your sister and the twins!

Anonymous said...

How far along is E?

mollie said...

e is 23 weeks this weekend!

Anonymous said...

wow so she could spend what like 10+ weeks at the hospital? Is that right?

Elizabeth said...

Speaking from experience, tell E to think of her time in the hospital like a really crappy vacation for a celebrity. She'll have everything brought to her and she'll get people to bathe her. As her sis, get some of her friends to put in for gift certificates for some in house massages or pedicures.
I sent her a couple of emails on my tried and true hospital stay ideas... I'll be praying she stays in the hospital for at least 12 weeks...